9.13.2008

Oops.

Indications that perhaps the cheap hot-water kettle and power strip purchased at the Egyptian equivalent of Wal-Mart are not working: the smell of burning rubber, smoke, and a completely melted power cord casing that now exposes the wiring.

Discoveries made as a result: Dar al Handasseyah does not have reliable smoke detectors or a sprinkler system, we probably should not have attempted to heat up hot water, watch tv, and charge two computers at the same time using our one and only accessible power outlet, and homemade pasta was not an achievable dream.


The good news is that, at least until we can replace it, the power strip is still functional.

1 comment:

Renee said...

I talked to your mom the other day... she said she would be happy if you made it home alive at the end of this trip. :-)